The objective of this course is to provide students with the necessary theoretical knowledge and the practical aspects to meet career opportunities in the commercial, manufacturing, financial and service sectors of the economy. This course consists of an Industrial Attachment module, allowing students to learn from practical experience in the relevant industry.
Aims of this course
- To impart appropriate skills in problem solving and enterprise.
- To learn and apply the functions of business and their relatedness.
- To analyse the internal and external environment in which business operate.
- To enhance students’ knowledge and competency to proceed to the final year degree programme in Business, Management or other relevant disciplines.
To produce professionals who are well rounded in the discipline of business with personal qualities to successfully manage a business. This would consist of cross discipline modules. Industrial Attachment (IA) Paid internship; if the IA cannot be completed due to unsuccessful placement, students will study two additional modules as below: Introduction to Management Business Communications and ICT
- Age: 17 years old*
- Academic Qualification (Any of the following or equivalent)
- Obtained at least an E at GCE A level in any 2 subjects
- TMC Diploma/Foundation Diploma
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (at least 24 points)
- NUS High School Diploma
- Polytechnic Diploma Diploma (in Accounting / Business / Management / IT / Computing / Hospitality / Psychology) from Private Education Institutions (assessed on a case by case basis)
- English Proficiency (Any of the following or equivalent)
- At least a C6 at GCE O English
- Completed a Diploma or equivalent where medium of instruction is English
- Pass an English online test and an interview with the Dean/HOD/designate
- Mature Candidates ≥ 30 years old with 8 years of work experience
- *Students must be at least 18 years old at the time of Industrial Attachment.
Target Audience/Who Should Attend
For those interested in a career in Business field
- Marketing for Managers
- Statistical Techniques for Business
- Business Economics
- Industrial Attachment (6 months)
- Business Law
- Business Finance
- Business Strategy
- Introduction to Management
- Business Communication and ICT