Are the Annoying People at Work Ruining Your Day? Do you dread going to work or having to work together on an important project with some colleagues who drive up the wall? Are you surrounded by vicious backstabbers, sneaky idea stealers, lazy whiners, nitpicky control freaks and people who simply have nothing nice to say about you? If you are facing these situations then this workshop is for you.
Keys to Forming Win-Win Relationships at Work
In this result oriented workshop, you will learn the power of influence and persuasion to deal professionally with difficult colleagues, co-workers, bosses and customers. You will be taught to defang ‘poisonous’ people that you meet who are always figuring out ways to bring you down. This workshop will also show you strategies to defuse explosive situations and manage conflicts. With the right attitude and skills you will learn to encourage positive, health change and learn to work professionally with difficult people.
Key Takeaways: How to Influence people and Sharpen your EQ skills
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
• Distinguish and deal professionally with these difficult people: The Walking Dead, The Grandiose Narcissistic, and The Criticizing, Know-It-All
• Understand the psychology of challenging people and how they “Hook” you • Switch extremes into facts with the “Unhooking Technique”
• Move to problem solving to avoid getting into a ‘’stuck mode’’ with a difficult individual
• Accentuate positive behaviour and neutralize negative ones with emotional intelligence
• Build trust and rapport with assertive communication
• Recognise attitudes, intentions and hidden agendas behind unreasonable actions to prevent getting “dragged down”
• Discover your individual style of handling conflicts with the TKI and find new ways to manage tough situations
Target Audience/Who Should Attend
Anyone who is working in teams, or requires to work with others frequently at work.
Workshop Outline: What Would be Covered in this Popular and Result Oriented Workshop
The Classic Profiles of Difficult People
• The 4 types of difficult people
Using Emotional Intelligence to Deal with Difficult people
• Change your Perspective: Leverage your Inner Strength
• Challenge Yourself: Step outside your Comfort Zone
• Tenets Of EI
• The Amygdala Hijack: 6 Seconds
• The SPECKLE Framework: Close the Execution Gap
Manipulative Moves in Rhetoric
• The Grandiose Narcissistic
• Dealing with a zero-sum situation
Conflict Handling Styles
• The TKI Conflict Mode
• Two Basic Dimensions of Conflict Behaviour
• TKI Questionnaire
Communicating with Different Personality Types
• Understand the Different Personalities
• The 4-Step process in Building the Golden Bridge
• The Power of Positive Language
Meet the Industry Expert: Ms Sandra Daniel Sandra Daniel is an ACTA-Certified trainer and holds a Master in Science (Training and Development) from University of Leicester. She is a dynamic and entertaining trainer/speaker in areas of communication strategies, leadership management as well as personal and organization productivity.
As a corporate trainer, she has been guiding various statutory boards, government-based organizations and private business enterprises in recognizing opportunities to function proficiently in competitive environments. Some of her workshops and public seminars include clients from diverse industries namely Citibank, Supreme Court, Neptune Orient Lines Ltd, National University Hospital, Singapore Police Force, Quantum Automation, OCBC, Singapore Tourism Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Singapore General Hospital, HDB, Intellectual Property of Singapore, LTA, Singapore Medical Council, CPF, Hilton Hotel and Ministry of Manpower.
Apart from being a corporate trainer, Sandra is an adjunct lecturer with SIT, University of Liverpool, NTU and SUSS. She designs, develops and lectures topics on Leadership, Creative and Critical Thinking, Communication Skills, Creative Thinking in Problem Solving and Decision Making and Research Methodologies.
A managing partner of Lateral Solutions Consultancy, Sandra provides a platform for industries to operate within various effective frameworks that integrate growth and success. Her real-world experiences with these clients place her in a better strategic position as a corporate trainer as she stays current on issues to cultivate specific skills and knowledge related to promoting employee development.
Sandra regularly contributes articles on management, leadership, communication skills and effective learning strategies to Straits Times Recruit.
To date, Sandra authored and co-authored several books namely, How to Think Critically with Sun Tzu Art of War Stratagems, Impactful Academic Writing and Extremely Busy People's Guide to Read Faster and Memorize Better and Think Clearer.