This accounting and finance degree is your first step into the vast industry.
Accountants and finance specialists have a central role in all types of organisations; public and private sector, within industry and commerce. The accountant has become a key player in the provision of management information to enable successful decision making, planning and control. Accounting is more than just a computational skill and the programme will develop your ability to analyse and to evaluate real life situations and effectively communicate your views and opinions. You will consider practical techniques involved in accounting and finance, and develop skills to critically analyse the theory behind these techniques.
The Accounting and Finance Division is one of only six universities to have courses accredited by AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians). This means that once you graduate you will be able to apply for AAT membership, providing you with a professional qualification to enhance your employability.
The Division has also retained its accreditations from ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants – 9 exemptions), CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants), ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) and AIA (Association of International Accountants).
- Age: 17 years old
- Academic Qualification (Obtained at least a Pass in any one of the following)
- TMC Professional Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma*
- Advanced / Higher Diploma in ( Accounting / Finance ) from Private Education Institutions*
*Assess on a case by case basis. Relevant Polytechnic Diploma and other Higher / Advanced Diploma holders may have to obtain a TMC Professional Diploma prior to the Accounting and Finance degree.
- English Qualification (Any of the following or equivalent)
- At least a C6 at GCE O English
- Completed a Higher / Advanced Diploma where medium of instruction is English
- Pass an English online test and an interview with the Dean / HOD / designate
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL ( Paper ) ≥ 547
- TOEFL ( Computer ) ≥ 210
- TOEFL ( Internet ) ≥ 78
- TOEIC ≥ 780
- Attend and pass Certificate in English up to Academic English level
Target Audience/Who Should Attend
For those interested in a career in the Accounting and Finance Industry
- Financial Accounting*
- Cost and Management Accounting*
- The Accountant in Business*
- • Financial Skills and Numeracy*
- • The Economic Environment*
- • Business and Company Law*
- Financial Management
- Financial Reporting Management Accounting
- Taxation Theory and Practice
- Financial Environment*
- Enterprise Operations*
- Accounting Project
- Advanced Accounting Theory and Practice
- Corporate Finance
- Management Accounting – Decision Making
- Taxation • Audit and Investigations