SkillsFuture Covers 100% of Course Fees (Self Sponsored)
Singaporeans above 25 years can use their SkillsFuture Credits for this workshop.
Whether you are preparing to be a professional trainer, or you are someone who does a bit of training as a part of their job, you'll want to be prepared for the training that you do. Your participants will begin the process of becoming trainers themselves, and understand that training is a process where skills, knowledge, and attitudes are applied.
The Train-The-Trainer workshop will give all types of trainer's tools to help them create and deliver engaging, compelling workshops that will encourage trainees to come back for more. Skills such as facilitating, needs analyses, understanding participant’s needs, and managing tough topics will give your trainees what the need to become a trainer themselves.
- Define training, facilitating, and presenting
- Understand how to identify participants’ training needs
- Create a lesson plan that incorporates the range of learning preferences
- Create an active, engaging learning environment
- Develop visual aids and supporting materials
- Manage difficult participants and tough topics
Who should Attend
- Professional trainers
- Freelance trainers
- Aspiring trainers
- Getting Started
- Housekeeping Items
- The Parking Lot Workshop
- Pre-Assignment Review
- Action Plans and Evaluations
- Understanding Training and Facilitation
- What is Training?
- What is Facilitation?
- Identifying Appropriate Situations
- Gathering Materials
- Identifying Participants’ Needs
- Reviewing the Materials
- Identifying and Resolving Gaps
- Creating a Lesson Plan
- Planning for the Basics
- Adding Slack Time
- Creating a Plan B
- Choosing Activities
- Types of Activities
- Preparing for Emergencies
- What to Do When Activities Go Wrong
- Preparing for the Workshop
- Creating a Materials List
- Gathering Participant Information
- Setting Up the Physical Location
- Getting Off on the Right Foot
- Greeting Participants
- Being Pepared
- Using Icebreakers and Energizers
- Delivery Tips and Tricks
- Using Visual Aids
- Creating Supporting Materials
- Keeping it Interactive
- Encouraging Discussion
- Using Group Work
- The Power of Sticky Notes
- Dealing With Difficult Participants
- The Ground Rule
- Challenges and Solution
- Handling Interruptions
- Tackling Tough Topics
- Tough Stuff to Watch Out For
- Adjusting Your Material for a Sensitive Issue
- Dealing With Sensitive Issues in the Workshop
- Wrapping Up Words from the Wise
- Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Action Plans and Evaluations
Certificate of Attendance will be issued.
2 Teabreaks and Lunch will be provided.
NTU Singapore graduate, Veteran in the Adult Learning Industry, had also won “The Pheonix Entrepreneur Award” by the EDB Singapore. Being well known as an Edutrepreneur, Arthur had been traveling throughout Asia to serve the global fortune 500 and SOEs of many countries in the region. Now, he’s devoted most of his time supporting the Singaporean Government’s Lifelong Learning initiative. He strongly believes education empowers one to achieve peak performance in life and business.